1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Spray 12 medium muffin cups with Family Pantry cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
3. For muffins, combine pancake mix, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mix in apples until well combined.
4. In small bowl, combine milk, oil, egg and vanilla; add to flour mixture. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
6. For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle a heaping 1/4 teaspoon over each muffin.
7. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Cool 2 minutes in pan. Remove to cooling rack.