|CAKE INGREDIENTS |
|Family Pantry Cooking Spray®
1 package (18.25 oz.) Pillsbury® Devils Food Cake
3 Large Eggs
|1-1/4 cups Folgers® Classic Roast Coffee;
brewed strong*; cooled to room temperature®
1/2 cup Family Pantry Vegetable Oil
|BUTTER MOCHA FROSTING INGREDIENTS |
|1 package (1 lb.) Powdered Sugar (about 3-3/4 cups)
1/4 teaspoon Family Pantry Salt
1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup Butter; softened
1/4 cup Folgers® Classic Roast Coffee;
brewed strong*; cooled to room temperature
|1 teaspoon Family Pantry Vanilla Extract|
3 to 4 teaspoons Milk
* To make 1-1/2 cups strong brewed coffee: Measure 1/2 cup Folgers® Classic Roast ground coffee and 2 cups cold water into a drip coffeemaker. Brew as directed and cool to room temperature.
|CAKE DIRECTIONS |
|1. Heat oven to 350°F. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with Family Pantry cooking spray. |
2. Combine cake mix, brewed coffee, oil and eggs in a large bowl and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or until moistened. Pour into pans.
3. Bake for 29 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
|BUTTER MOCHA FROSTING DIRECTIONS |
|1. Combine powdered sugar, cocoa and salt in large bowl. |
2. Beat in butter on low speed.
3. Gradually add coffee, vanilla and enough milk to make a smooth and spreadable frosting.
4. Spread frosting between layers, on top and sides of cake. Cut and serve.
© /TM/ ®/ The J.M Smucker Company With a name like Smucker's, it has to be good.®