REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
Real Estate Management FAQs
Real Estate Management Team
Why You Should Lease to Family Dollar
- Family Dollar practices an aggressive store opening strategy, thus we specialize in speedy site approvals, fast completion of leases, timely construction completion, and a 10-day time frame to fully fixture, merchandise and open each new store. Therefore, landlords begin receiving rent in a shorter time frame than most other retailers can provide.
- Family Dollar was established in 1959, and the fact that we currently operate over 8,000 stores proves that we are a successful retailer.
- The rent is paid by computer on or before the 10th day of the month, and landlords do not have to hassle with trying to collect rent from this strong credit tenant.
- Family Dollar has the ability to lease space and pay for all of the renovations as long as the landlords provide a reduced rental rate. This allows landlords to conserve cash and not invest money or borrow money for the deal to be completed.
- The average Family Dollar store has over 2,000 customers per week, and our co-tenants have direct exposure to serve these same customers.
- Family Dollar's broad mix of merchandise is an excellent complement to any shopping center whether it has strong anchor tenants such as food stores and drug stores or no anchor tenant at all.
- Common co-tenants include food stores, drug stores, hardware stores, video stores, rent-to-own stores, furniture stores, discount apparel stores, discount shoe stores, liquidation stores, toy stores, sporting goods stores, service stores and other businesses catering to low to middle income customers.
- Family Dollar closes very few stores, and the landlords with the least tenant turnover usually have the best cash flow in their centers.
- Family Dollar has strong operational standards, so the landlords can be assured that this store in their center will be operated in a professional manner utilizing modern technology.
Site and Building Requirements
Clean, modern self-service stores with no frills and low overhead appeal to customers seeking the best value for their retail dollars. As Family Dollar has aggressively expanded its store operation to the north and west, the company's merchandising concept has been well received in the 46 states where we are currently operating.
- Conveniently located to value oriented, low to middle income customers
- Food store anchored neighborhood shopping centers, convenience strip centers, freestanding buildings, or storefront locations
- Multiple site developers are welcomed for freestanding build-to-suit opportunities
- Locations must be within our current 46-state operating region
- Approximately 7,000 to 10,000 square feet including sales area and stockroom on ground level (minimum of 60' of frontage)
- Adequate parking for 25 or more cars
- Demising walls to roof deck drywall taped, sanded and painted
- Partial glass storefront
- Drop ceiling
- Strip lighting
- Rear receiving door with paved delivery area
- Paved dumpster pad
- Vinyl floor tile
- Restrooms to code
- ADA compliant
- HVAC 1 ton per 400 SF or as required by climate
- Accommodate standard Family Dollar sign package including Building and Road signs
We do not franchise stores. All stores are company owned.
Click here if you are a broker or owner and would like to suggest a site.
If you are not a broker or owner and would like to suggest a site, click here.
Real Estate Management Team
Click here to email the Real Estate Management Team.