36 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
6 tablespoons butter or margarine , softened
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Food color in desired color or colors
Decorating sugars to match cookie color
1/3 cup vanilla ready-to-spread frosting or your favorite homemade vanilla frosting
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, blending thoroughly.
- Divide dough into separate bowl for each color desired. Add desired food coloring to each bowl, mixing until color of dough is uniform. Form 36 equal balls (about 1 inch). Roll each ball in the matching sugar color. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Gently press thumb into ball forming indentation.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from pan to wire rack. Press thumb again into each indentation if needed. Cool completely.
- Divide and tint frosting to match cookie colors. Place about 1/2 teaspoon frosting in each indentation. Press chocolate piece onto each cookie. Makes 36 cookies.