6 chicken legs with thighs, separated into drumsticks and thighs, skin removed if desired
4 cups water
2 packages Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Spanish Rice
2 cups frozen peas and carrots
1/2 cup green olives with pimento, chopped
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large deep nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook chicken, turning occasionally, 20 minutes or until browned and almost cooked through.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Add water to same skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Spanish Rice. Return chicken to skillet; cover and cook 2 minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer, scatter peas and carrots over rice and cook 5 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Sprinkle with olives; cover and let stand 2 minutes.
- TIP: Chicken skin has a lot of fat in it, removing it lowers the fat content of the dish.
- Cost per recipe: $8.20* Cost per serving: $1.05* *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.