This simple recipe will win Game Day from Family Dollar with Carrie Loper from Eating on a Dime!
Quick and Easy Spicy Cheez-It Snack Mix Recipe
This is a sponsored post from Family Dollar. However, all my opinions are my own.
Football is here which means it is time to bust out lots of yummy snacks. Today's Spicy Cheez-It Snack mix recipe is the perfect game day snack to fill up your fans.
We love "home-gating" with family and friends. Forget about heading to the games when you can have just as much fun at home. Plus hanging out in your pj's is a huge bonus. If you are looking for a game day snack that the kids and adults will love, then this spicy Cheez-It snack mix recipe is perfect! Spicy Cheez-It baked snack crackers are simply amazing but they taste even better in this fun to make Cheez-It snack mix.
Plus, you can make this fun snack mix for under $10. Yes, make a giant snack mix to feed the crowd for just a few dollars! When we headed to our local Family Dollar to grab the game day essentials, we grabbed the ingredients for the snack mix, Mountain Dew and even some Homeline foam bowls for under $10. I love how I can make a quick trip to Family Dollar and get everything I need for the next game day.
I also love that I can save money easily at Family Dollar using their savings program, Smart Coupons. I can clip coupons online and never have to print a coupon. Sign up here. It is so easy to use. You just create an account and download the Family Dollar App and start saving.
Ok, let's get to the Spicy Cheez-It Snack Mix!
Ingredients you need
● 2 boxes of Cheez-It baked snack crackers, 7 oz
● 3 oz of Cheez Doodle Puffed Balls
● 6 oz of pretzel twists
● 1 packet of ranch dressing mix
● 1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper
● 1/2 cup of canola oil
How to make Spicy Cheez-It Snack Mix
1. In a large zip tight bag or a large bowl, add the crackers, puffs, and pretzels.
2. Pour the oil over the crackers, puffs, and pretzels.
3. Then sprinkle the ranch dressing mix and the crushed red pepper flakes on top.
4. Close the bag tight or add a lid to your bowl and shake to coat.
5. Shake every 5 minutes for 15 to 20 minutes to coat entirely.
6. Serve, and enjoy.
I know this recipe seems simple but it is packed with flavor. Expect people to eat them up and beg for the recipe.
If you love this, try a few of these different variations:
● add 1/2 cup of almonds or peanuts
● add in 1/2 cup of M&Ms
● skip the red pepper flakes for a non-spicy version
What would you do to make this spicy Cheez-It Snack mix your own?
I hope you are inspired to head to Family Dollar, save some money with their Smart Coupons, and make yourself a delicious snack for your next game day!
By Carrie Loper