I have a fun Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe to share with you. It is a sponsored post from Family Dollar. However, all my opinions are my own.
These homemade ice cream sandwiches are beautiful, delicious, and perfect for Valentine's Day. Honestly though, they are fun for any occasion. Your kids are going to love them!
You all know I love simple and frugal recipes, so to make these fun treats I headed to my local Family Dollar. Just 3 ingredients is all that you need to complete the recipe and Family Dollar has everything.
- 24 chocolate chip cookies
- 1.5 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 1 jar of red sugar (or any sprinkles you want)
How to make Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Allow the ice cream to soften for a few minutes on the counter.
- Spoon a giant scoop of ice cream on a chocolate chip cookie.
- Top with another chocolate chip cookie.
- Then slowly squeeze the cookies together until the ice cream begins to ooze out.
- Pour the red sugar or any sprinkles you have on a shallow plate.
- Roll the sandwiches in the sprinkles until the sides are covered.
- Place back in the freezer to freeze until solid.
- Store in an air tight container in the freezer until ready to eat.
Valentine's Day is super fun around here. I make heart shaped cinnamon rolls, white chocolate popcorn, and even a heart shaped pizza. We normally hang out, watch a movie, and play some card games so I thought these chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches would be the perfect dessert to end the night of fun.
Plus no baking.... no waiting.... and this fun dessert is thrown together in minutes.
I hope I have inspired you to head to your local Family Dollar, pick up just 3 ingredients, and throw together a delicious and fun Valentines Dessert.
By Carrie Loper