This post is sponsored by Family Dollar.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Whether you're hosting a big meal at your house or just need to bring a dish to share over to someone else's house, recipe planning right now is a must. If you're looking for a good side dish recipe, we recommend this one! With just a few ingredients, you can whip up these tasty candied yams. And, if you want to save money on making this great, easy side dish for the holiday, you'll find what you need at Family Dollar. Money-Saving Tip: When you're shopping at Family Dollar, make sure you check out the Weekly Deals and then use their Smart Coupons to save even more.
YUM! Don't those candied yams look tasty? They're delicious! The sweet, crunchy topping just really makes the dish. And then of course, you've got to have some marshmallows. We don't cover the top with marshmallows in this recipe because the topping is already fairly sweet. So, we just do a little marshmallow scatter. But, you can't go wrong though no matter how many you add!
You start making the casserole by mashing up some canned yams, which were easy to find at Family Dollar. Once you mix up the potato mixture, then you cover it with a sweet, crunchy crumb topping. It is SO good.
Here's the easy recipe, big enough to feed a Thanksgiving crowd:
- 2 29oz cans yams (makes approx 6 C mashed)
- 4 eggs
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 C flour
- 1/2 C butter, room temp
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1-2 C chopped pecans
- mini marshmallows *optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray large casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the casserole mixture ingredients. Mash and mix well to desired consistency. Pour contents into baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the topping ingredients (save out marshmallows). Mix together until it resembles coarse crumbs. Layer over top of the potato mixture.
4. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
5. If desired, top with marshmallows and return it to the oven on broil. Watch VERY carefully (only about 1 minute) and remove immediately as marshmallows start to brown.
6. Serve warm and enjoy!