Last Modified: September 27, 2018
1. Contact Us
ATTN: Corporate Communications
P.O. Box 1017
Charlotte, NC 28201-1017
2. Accessing the Site and Account Security
We reserve the right to change, amend, and modify the Site, and any service or material we provide on the Site, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to users, including registered users.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Site or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
We have the right to disable any user name, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms.
3. Copyrighted Materials and Trademarks
All content, processes, technology, programs and other materials on this Site are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws and are considered intellectual property of Family Dollar or its licensors. Family Dollar and its affiliates reserve all ownership of this intellectual property and strictly prohibit you from copying, downloading, uploading, modifying, distributing, transmitting, transferring, reproducing, publishing or creating derivative works from it without prior written consent from Family Dollar. You are permitted to download, print or store copies of our content for personal and noncommercial use only. Current and potential Family Dollar vendors and investors are permitted to download, print or store copies of selected content for business use connected with the potential or other perspective business relationships with Family Dollar. However, all users are forbidden to sell, exploit or engage in the sale of any intellectual property contained on this Site; users may not post content from this Site onto any networked computer environment; transmit it over any media; or corrupt the integrity of it in any manner. Additionally, altering our copyright and/or trademark notices or transmitting pornographic, obscene, libelous, threatening, defamatory, or unlawful or otherwise unauthorized materials to or from this Site is strictly prohibited.
The Family Dollar names, logos, product names and other indicated marks are the trademarks and service marks owned by Family Dollar Stores of Michigan, Inc. or its affiliates or licensors. All other brands and marks referenced on this Site are the exclusive properties of their respective companies.
4. Prohibited Uses
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to use the Site:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any solicitations that may be characterized as "junk mail" or "spam."
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Site or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Site.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Site or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site.
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
5. User Content
The Site may provide interactive features (the "Interactive Services") that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons’ content or materials ("User Content") on or through the Site. All User Content must comply with the Content Standards set out in these Terms.
Any User Content that you post to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Content on the Site, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that (a) you own or control all rights in and to the User Content and have the right to grant the license granted above; and (b) all of your User Content do and will comply with these Terms.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Content you submit, and you, not the Company, have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness. We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Content posted by you or any other user of the Site.
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Content for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Take any action with respect to any User Content that we deem appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such User Content violates the Terms, including the Content Standards, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Site or the public or could create liability for the Company.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Site for any or no reason, in our sole discretion.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Site. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS EXCEPT FOR ACTIONS RESULTING FROM THE COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS’ OWN NEGLIGENCE.
However, we do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Site, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party.
6. Content Standards
These content standards apply to any and all User Content and use of Interactive Services. User Content must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Content must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
7. Copyright Infringement Notice
It is our policy to respond promptly to claims of intellectual property misuse. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify us through the process set forth below.
NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
PURSUANT TO SECTION 512(C)(2) OF THE COPYRIGHT REVISION ACT, AS AMENDED BY THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT ("ACT"), WRITTEN NOTICE OF ANY CLAIMED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE DESIGNATED AGENT NAMED BELOW. ANY NOTICE SENT TO THE DESIGNATED AGENT MUST MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE ACT.
Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement:
Name: Sandra L. Boscia, Division Counsel
Address: 10401 Monroe Road, Matthews, NC 28105
Note: any email notifications should include "notice of alleged service provider infringement" in the subject line of the email.
Such notice must include the following information:
- The name, address, and electronic signature of the complaining party.
- A description of the infringing materials and a link to the infringing materials, or if a link is not available a description of the location of these materials on the website.
- Sufficient information to identify the copyrighted works.
- A statement by the copyright owner that the copyright owner has a good faith belief that there is no legal basis for the use of the materials complained of.
- A statement of the accuracy of the statements made and, under penalty of perjury, a statement that the complaining party is authorized to act on the behalf of the copyright owner.
Once proper notice is given, we may take the material down. If we determine, based on our sole discretion that the person who uploaded the infringing content is a repeat offender under the DMCA, all your content will be removed, and we reserve the right to take whatever other actions we deem necessary, including notifying the appropriate government authorities. A party whose material was removed improperly may send counter notice to the above-referenced address. Counter-notice must include the following:
- The sender’s name, address, phone number and physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material and its location prior to removal.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the material was removed by mistake or misidentification.
- The sender’s consent to local federal court jurisdiction, or if overseas, to an appropriate judicial body.
9. Disputes, Governing Law, Jurisdiction
The Site is controlled and operated by the Company from its offices in the United States. If there is any dispute which, in any manner, involves, arises out of, or relates to the Site or the Terms, including, without limitation, your use of the Site, then by using the Site, you agree that (i) all such disputes and the Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws (both substantive and procedural) of the State of North Carolina, without the application of the conflict of laws principles except that the federal laws of the United States of America shall be the governing laws, to the extent required, with respect to issues involving intellectual property rights, and (ii) in connection with any litigation of any such disputes arising between or among the parties, you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the courts located in North Carolina. YOU HEREBY KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY LITIGATION (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS, COUNTERCLAIMS, CROSS-CLAIMS, OR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS) ARISING OUT OF, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT
You consent not to breach or attempt to breach the security of our Site. Obstructing the proper functioning of this Site or any activity conducted on this Site is strictly prohibited. Activities that may breach Family Dollar's security measures or obstruct the Site's service include, but are not limited to:
- Sending viruses to the Site, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing", "crashing" or overloading the Site's server
- Sending unsolicited e-mail
- Logging onto a server or account and accessing data without authorization
- Probing, scanning or testing the Site's network or system for any vulnerabilities without authorization
Family Dollar will seek to prosecute any user who breaches the security of our Site or obstructs its proper functioning in any manner.
11. Indemnity, Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
You agree to indemnify and hold Family Dollar, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, officers, directors, agents and vendors harmless from any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising from or relating to your use of this Site, except for claims, damages, costs and expenses resulting from Family Dollar or its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, officers, directors, agents or vendors’ own negligence.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Family Dollar further does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials.
If Family Dollar provides a limited express warranty for a product that is less than four years in duration, then the duration of any applicable implied warranties are limited to the duration of the limited express warranty. IF FAMILY DOLLAR DOES NOT PROVIDE AN EXPRESS WARRANTY, FAMILY DOLLAR EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FAMILY DOLLAR, OUR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS AND VENDORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL NON-PERSONAL INJURY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, EVEN IF FAMILY DOLLAR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR VIOLATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PUT FORTH IN THIS SITE.
FAMILY DOLLAR DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COMPLETE, TIMELY, ACCURATE, USEFUL, CURRENT OR RELIABLE. THIS SITE, AT TIMES, MAY OPERATE WITH INTERRUPTION OR ERROR.
Your access and continued use of this Site represents your agreement to adhere to these Terms and all applicable laws as governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina. Any litigation arising out of or in connection with your use of this Site shall exclusively be in the jurisdiction of courts of competent jurisdiction located in Mecklenburg County, NC. By using this Site, you acknowledge that you have availed yourself of the laws of the State of North Carolina and are subject to its jurisdiction regarding any claim arising from your use of this Site. The failure of Family Dollar to act with respect to any violation of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any right or provision within these Terms. If any court of competent jurisdiction holds any provision within these Terms to be invalid or unenforceable, Family Dollar shall reform the provision only to the extent to make it valid and enforceable, and all other provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force or effect. Certain activities provided via the Site may be covered by U.S. Patent 5,930,474.
13. Arbitration; Class Action Waiver
By using the Site, you agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the program, or any benefits claims or awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and shall not include attorneys' fees; and (3) to the extent permitted by applicable law, under no circumstances will anyone be permitted to obtain any award for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim consequential non-personal, or incidental damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Terms, or the rights and obligations of Family Dollar, shall be determined by Family Dollar in its sole and absolute discretion.
All Site users waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Terms. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of JAMS. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party.
14. Disclaimer - Forward-looking Statements, Investor Relations Information and Content
This Site has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing information about Family Dollar. No representation is made as to the completeness or accuracy of the information on this Site. The press releases and the reports filed by Family Dollar Stores, Inc. with the Securities and Exchange Commission and listed on the Site speak only as of the respective dates on which they were distributed or filed by Family Dollar Stores, Inc. The contents of these releases and reports can become out-of-date. Family Dollar Stores, Inc. makes no commitment, and disclaims any duty, to update any releases, reports or other information on this site. Family Dollar reserves the right to add, modify or delete any information on this Site at any time.
This Site contains historical and forward-looking information. The forward-looking statements were made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements address the Company's plans and activities or events which the Company expects will or may occur in the future, such as future capital expenditures, store openings, closings, renovations, expansions and relocations, additional distribution facilities, sales, cost of sales, expenses and earnings and other aspects of the Company's business and operations.
The Company cautions that a number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements, whether written or oral, made by or on behalf of the Company. Certain statements contained on this Site are forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements address the Company's plans, activities or events, which the Company expects will or may occur in the future. Various risks, uncertainties and other factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statement. Such risks, uncertainties and other factors include, but are not limited to:
- competitive factors and pricing pressures, including energy prices,
- changes in economic conditions,
- the impact of acts of war or terrorism,
- changes in consumer demand and product mix,
- unusual weather, natural disasters or pandemic outbreaks that may impact sales and/or operations,
- the impact of inflation,
- merchandise supply and pricing constraints,
- success of merchandising and marketing programs,
- the Company's ability to successfully execute its ongoing operational functions,
- general transportation or distribution delays or interruptions,
- dependence on imports,
- changes in currency exchange rates, trade restrictions, tariffs, quotas, and freight rates,
- success of new store opening programs, costs and delays associated with building, opening and operating new distribution facilities and stores,
- costs and/or failure to achieve results associated with the implementation of programs, systems and technology, including merchandising and supply chain processes, store technology, cooler installations and related food programs, Urban Initiative programs, and real estate expansion goals,
- changes in food and energy prices and their impact on consumer spending and the Company's costs,
- changes in shrinkage,
- the Company's ability to attract and retain employees,
- changes in interpretations or applications of accounting principles,
- failure to comply with covenants governing our indebtedness,
- changes in state or federal laws or regulations, including the effects of legislation and regulations on wage levels and entitlement programs,
- progress or results of the Company's review of stock option practices,
- the impact of any restatement of financial statements of the Company or other actions, charges or costs that may be taken or required as a result of such review,
- the possibility that the Company will continue to be unable to timely file reports with the SEC, or
- litigation and governmental investigations or proceedings resulting from the Company's stock option practices and/or the results of the Company's review of those practices.
Consequently, all of the forward-looking statements made by the Company on this Site and in other documents or statements are qualified by these and other factors, risks and uncertainties, including those set forth under "Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements" or "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q filed or to be filed. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the dates which they were made. The Company does not undertake to publicly update or revise its forward-looking statements even if experience or future changes make it clear that projected results expressed or implied in such statements will not be realized, except as may be required by law.